Haven United Methodist Church News
1. Community Music Project / Haven Free Music School - Haven UMC believes that music has the power to bring people together, and our goal is to create an inclusive and supportive community. If you are interested in taking FREE music lessons (violin, viola, cello, piano) OR if you play an orchestral instrument and would like to be part of our Chamber Ensemble, please contact us. Our Spring Semester has begun and free music lessons for violin, viola, cello, and piano are every Saturday morning, and rehearsals for the Chamber Ensemble are on Saturdays from 12:30-2:30pm. There will be a Spring Concert in May with additional performances in the community. If you want to use your musical gifts for the community, please join us! To register or for information call 401-438-4911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Donate Classical Instruments - We are looking for violins, violas, and cellos in all sizes. We could also use keyboards. If you have any of these that you are not using, please consider donating them to the Haven Free Music School. Students are not charged for lessons, or the use of their instruments and our supply of instruments has been depleted. Contact us at: email@example.com or 401-438-4911.
3. Ash Wednesday - worship service will be on February 14th at 4pm.
4. Thrift Store - Lots of new items!! Come browse our selection of women's, men's and children's clothing, as well as knickknacks, household goods, linens, and more! Donations are accepted and can be brought in when we are open, or during church office hours. OPEN 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th SATURDAYS of the month from 9am-Noon.
5. Volunteer Opportunities - We are a Certifying Organization that has been granted authority to give out the President’s Volunteer Service Award to volunteers assisting with programs at Haven UMC. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the Community Music Project. The Haven Chamber Ensemble participants will be eligible for volunteer hours as well. Also, the Thrift Store is looking for people interested in helping out on Saturdays to run the store. If you are interested in any of the above, contact the Haven UMC office.
6. Aa Meetings - every morning at 10:00am. Entrance is on Alice Street side of the church.
7. Do you or your group/organization need a place to hold meetings? Sporting events? Activities? Conferences? We have a variety of spaces available from small to large, including limited availability for our gym. We have an elevator and chair lift for accessibility. Contact the office for room sizes, availability, and suggested donations.
8. Hybrid Worship - In-person or livestreamed on YouTube and Facebook every Sunday @ 9:30 am. Come join us!! COVID-19 MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCING continue are optional at your discretion. Recorded service can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/havenumchurch. We have an elevator and chair lift for accessibility.
Haven United Methodist Church, 200 Taunton Ave., E. Providence, RI. Call 401-438-4911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Pastor's Office Hours are Monday, Tuesday and Saturday from 9am to 12pm and by appointment. Church Office hours are Monday thru Wednesday from 9:30am to 4:30pm and Thursday from 9:30am to 2:30pm. Visit our website at www.havenumchurch.com.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here