October 1, 2020

A Message from RYBSA


Hello League families,

Hope this finds everyone safe and looking forward to better weather soon.

The RYBSA board is continuing to monitor public health guidelines as the situation continues to evolve. Even with the Governor's latest update, we remain focused on providing baseball and softball for the kids and league families this year, when it’s safe to do so, even if it means amended schedules such as shortened season or running a bit longer than usual. 

To that end, the board has been hard at work to make the season start up time as short as possible once the guidelines are revised. This includes things like replacing the old leaking storage containers with a new storage shed, updating equipment, nets, and getting jerseys lined up etc. 

One key step for this is that we plan to move ahead with team formations for our baseball divisions starting with majors draft, then AAA in the week ahead. Younger divisions and softball to follow. We hope this will help make the prospect of the season ahead a little more “real” for our players as well as helping them get started asap when the restrictions are lifted.  If you or any friends have been holding off on completing a registration don’t hesitate so your player is sure to be included.  Deadline is Friday (5/1) for Majors and Sunday (5/3) for AAA to ensure a spot. Tee-ball, A, and AA deadline May 6th.

We have received some questions about what will happen if the season is not able to move ahead and we will evaluate that situation should it develop - at this point we’re focused on being ready to provide a summer tradition in a time when we are all missing many traditions. 

 If you have any questions please reach out to the board member or division VP through the league website www.rybsaonline.com



No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment
Truly local news delivered to every home in town