Haven United Methodist Church News
1. Thrift Store - Summer Clearance! Come browse our selection of women's, men's and children's clothing, as well as knickknacks, household goods, linens, and more! Donations are accepted and can be brought in when we are open, or during church office hours. OPEN 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th SATURDAYS of the month from 9am-Noon.
2. Community Music Project at Haven UMC - Haven UMC believes that music has the power to bring people together, and our goal is to create an inclusive and supportive community. We are recruiting Adult classical instrument performers and singers. Rehearsals are on Saturdays from 12:30-2:30pm beginning in September 2023. There will be a Christmas Concert in December with additional performances in the community. If you want to use your musical gifts for the community, please join us! To register or for information call 401-438-4911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Haven Free Music School - If you are interested in taking lessons for the violin, viola, cello, piano, trombone, or hand chimes, please contact our office for application or additional information. Lessons are every Saturday morning. New classes will begin in September.
4. Neighborhood Basketball Project - Haven UMC gym has been serving the EP Community and beyond for 91 years. We are looking for volunteers to help us revitalize our gym. Also, we want to know how the Haven UMC GYM and BB program impacted your life. To share your stories, memories, and experiences or to volunteer, contact us at: email@example.com or 401-438-4911.
5. Volunteer Opportunities - We are a Certifying Organization that has been granted authority to give out the President’s Volunteer Service Award to volunteers assisting with programs at Haven UMC. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the Community Music Project. The Haven Chamber Orchestra participants will be eligible for volunteer hours as well. Also, the Thrift Store is looking for people interested in helping out on Saturdays to run the store. If you are interested in any of the above, contact the Haven UMC office.
6. AA Meetings - every morning at 10:00am. Entrance is on Alice Street side of the church.
7. Do you or your group/organization need a place to hold meetings? Sporting events? Activities? Conferences? We have OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE as well! We have a variety of spaces available from small to large, including limited availability for our gym. We have an elevator and chair lift for accessibility. Contact the office for room sizes, availability, and suggested donations.
8. Hybrid Worship - In-person or livestreamed on Facebook every Sunday @ 9:30 am. Come join us!! COVID-19 restrictions: MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCING continue as a precaution. Recorded service can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/havenumchurch. We have an elevator and chair lift for accessibility.
Haven United Methodist Church, 200 Taunton Ave., E. Providence, RI. Call 401-438-4911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Pastor's Office Hours are Monday, Tuesday and Saturday from 9am to 12pm and by appointment. Church Office hours are Monday thru Wednesday from 9:30am to 4:30pm and Thursday from 9:30am to 2:30pm. Visit our website at www.havenumchurch.com.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here