Swansea Police Now Accepting Applications for Full-Time Police Officers
Swansea — Chief Marc Haslam is pleased to announce that the Swansea Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officer.
The Swansea Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time police officer. The individual should demonstrate good moral character and judgment, be able to handle high-pressure situations and demonstrate good problem-solving and leadership skills.
The starting pay is $67,650 per year, plus benefits.
Those interested should apply online here. Applications must be completed online by Friday, March 24. at 4 p.m.
A written exam will be held at the Swansea Police Department on Thursday, April 6 at 6:30 p.m.
Upon passing the written examination, candidates will be required to complete a physical agility test (PAT). The PAT will consist of one-minute push-ups, one-minute sit-ups, a 1.5-mile walk/run and a 300-meter run. Successful candidates will then participate in an oral interview, medical examination, psychological examination and intensive background check.
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens
• 21 years of age or older at the time of the written examination
• Must have at least 60 college credits; and/or
• 2 years of active military service and/or
• 4 years of National Guard/Reserve Service while possessing GED or High School diploma
• Must be eligible to obtain a Class A license to carry a firearm
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Be able to obtain and maintain Massachusetts POST Commission Certification
For questions about the hiring process, please contact Lt. Patrick Mooney at 508-674-8464.
The Town of Swansea is an equal opportunity employer. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here