Big Al Memorial Scholarship Award Committed To Keeping the Memory of Al Santie Alive Through Academic Scholarship
Big Al coached River s ide Little League for 31 years from 197 7 to 2007 and He sponsored the team “Big Al’s” for approximately 25 years. Al was also a coach for River s ide Raider’s Youth Football and CYO Basketball.
Big Al’s player s looked up to him and he served as a father figure to many of the youth in Rivers ide. It’s in honor of this remarkable individual that we present these awards.
Memorial Scholarship Guidelines
• All applicants must be resident s of East Providence and have participated in youth sports for a minimum of three years.
• Two recipient s must be cu rent resident s of Riverside and must have participated in Riverside Little League for a minimum of three years.
• Recipient s must be High School graduates and will be entering college (includes career, technical and other post-secondary education) in the year which they have applied for the scholarship.
• A committee of five will review the applications to determine who will receive the 4 scholarships.
• This committee will be appointed annually by the Riverside Little League board of directors.
• At least 2 of the member s of the committee must not be Riveside Little League board member s
Notification of Award:
• Recipients will be notified by July 31st.
• The first disbursement of $250 will be given by August 31st and the second will be made by Dec 1st upon receipt of proof of continued registration.
Memorial Scholarship Application can be found in your June East Providence Reporter or online at www.rllri.org.
Please include a one page essay about how being involved in sport s has impacted your life and why you feel you should be awarded a Big Al Scholarship by Riverside Little League.
Applicants must complete and submit their application postmarked no later than June 30th to email@example.com or:
Big Al Scholarship
Riverside Little League
PO Box 15331
Riverside, RI 02915