Reminders for Staying Safe during the Holidays
November 23, 2020
Dear Families and Staff,
As we transition into the holiday season, we would like to pass along reminders and best practices for staying healthy and safe during the holidays.
- Limit gathering size: Indoor gatherings at private residences are limited to 10 people, and outdoor gatherings at private residences are limited to 25 people.
- Individuals should stay within their household: For a lower-risk celebration, people should limit in-person holiday gatherings to only people they live with or limit the gathering to a small group of individuals with whom they are regularly in contact.
- Avoid travel: Anyone considering travel should review and abide by the latest travel notice updated 11/19/2020, and people who want to travel to another state that is not a lower-risk state should be aware of the quarantine requirements involved with such travel.
Upon return to school, remember to monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
• Fever (100.0 or greater) or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
The holidays will necessarily look different this year, and DRRSD appreciates all that educators, students, and families are doing to limit their risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 in order to keep our schools open.
Dr. Anthony Azar