From the Town Clerk's Office
Happy Spring everyone.
As always April started off with the annual Town Election April 1st. I would like to thank The Seekonk Reporter for extending the submission deadline so we could include the election results below.
The write in wins were:
Housing Authority for 5 years: Stephen W. Sprague
Congratulations to all the candidates who won. Best of luck in your new or re-elected positions. Also, thanks to all the candidates who ran, but didn’t win. It’s not an easy task running for an elected position. Your time and effort was not wasted. People will remember you and your desire to serve the town.
It takes many people to run an election I would like to thank the following: All our wonderful poll workers and registrars. It’s a long day each and every one of you is appreciated for all your dedication and hard work. Also thank you to the Police Department, DPW and Country Kitchen.
A quick reminder to elected and appointed town officials; please be aware that you can take no action, in your position, until you have taken the Oath of Office.
Spring Town Meeting May 13, 2019
The Annual Spring Town meeting will be held at the Seeking High School auditorium 261 Arcade Ave. Please be advised that the last day to register to vote for that meeting is April, 24, 2019. If you want to register to vote on line please visit this website. www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr or you come into Town Hall and register to vote at the Town Clerks Office.
Please try to attend this important town meeting. This is the meeting that the budget for the next fiscal year is voted on by only registered voters of the Town. Remember Seekonk is your town and your voice matters.
Rabies Clinic update
The annual rabies clinic was a success we licensed over 25 dogs. A big thank you to the Animal Control Officer Sharon Hall and her Assistant Andrea Russo; the Assistant Town Clerk Lorraine Sorel; the Save a Pet volunteers, as well as DPW staff for organizing and setting up the garage for the event. Thank you to Dr. Truesdale and his employees' of Central Avenue Veterinary Hospital for volunteering their time to give the vaccinations. Also thanks to the Rehoboth team; Town Clerk Laura Schwall; Asst. Town Clerk Lynn Shaker; Rehoboth Animal Control officer and all their volunteers. The day was a success. See you next year.
Friendly reminder yearly dog licenses were due March 31, 2018.
Save the Date
- April 1-26 Online Auction for Save a Pet www.SeekonkSaveAPet .org
- April 26 - The 32nd Save A Pet Society, Inc. Annual Charity Auction will be held at the Ramada Inn 213 Taunton Ave. 5:30pm - 9pm. This event is one night only. There will be a silent Auction, refreshments, cash bar, and music by DJ Mark plus local celebrities. Proceeds go to support of the Seekonk Animal Shelter.
- April 15 -Patriots Day- Town Offices closed.
- April 15- 19 Seekonk Schools closed for spring vacation.
- April 27 - Earth Day Litter Patrol 9am-12pm Volunteers are needed to help keep Seekonk clean and free of litter. Please call the dedicated recycling line 508-336-8529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and reserve the cleanup supplies and area to be worked on.
Have wonderful April; if you are going away for vacation, safe travels to you and your family. As always thank you for taking the time to read my monthly updates and remember the Town Clerk’s office welcomes inquiries from all citizens seeking assistance, or information in relation to services provided by the Town of Seekonk.