EPLAC Welcomes All to First Meeting Sept. 30th
The East Providence Local Advisory Committee For Special Education (EPLAC) is a committee comprised of parents of children with disabilities along with administrators, teachers and others with a concern for our children. We meet throughout the school year to share information and concerns of educational issues. Our first meeting of the 2015-16 school year is Wednesday September 30th. 6:30pm at Martin Middle School Library, 111 Brown St. East Providence.
Our committee’s goals are:
- To enable parents of special education children to be effective in their advocacy efforts
- To jointly advocate for all children with special needs
- To aid the East Providence School Department in its efforts to provide quality education for all students
- To provide each other with a strong network of support
Fall Membership Drive is now taking place! Become a member of our team!
Meetings are the last Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Martin Middle School Library.
If you are interested in using your talents and strengths in making a difference, please complete the attached membership enrollment form and return it at our first scheduled meeting, this Wednesday, September 30th or at your first attended meeting.
For more information about EPLAC, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the EP school website page at www.epschoolsri.com/content/165/322/default.aspx.
We look forward to meeting you!
Amanda Fournier, Sharon Kochan and Carrie Verdone
EPLAC Leadership Team
East Providence Local Advisory Committee for Special Education (EPLAC)
MEMBERSHIP ENROLLMENT FORM
The East Providence Local Advisory Committee for Special Education (EPLAC) is a state mandated group that provides input on special education issues to the school district. Our role is to advise the school district on the development of programs and services to address the unmet needs of East Providence students with disabilities. The group is comprised of parents of school aged students with disabilities, school professionals and community members. By sharing their unique perspective, members are able to help East Providence Schools work more effectively with families and improve outcomes for children.
It is time for our yearly drive to expand our LAC membership. We meet on the last Wednesday of every month during the school year at the Martin Middle School Library 111 Brown St, East Providence from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Either a parent of student(s) with disability, an individual with a disability, a special education or general education teacher, a public school administrator or other members of the community interested in the unmet needs of students with disabilities
- Attend regular monthly meetings
- Participate in committee activities
- Vote on issues relating to the LAC work
- Work collaboratively and pro-actively in identifying problems and recommending solutions
If you are interested in using your talents and strengths in making a difference for students and families of East Providence school students with disabilities, please complete the below Membership Enrollment Form and return at your first meeting attended.
Children in school (check all that apply):
•Pre-K •K •1st •2nd •3rd •4th •5th •6th •7th •8th •9th •10th •11th •12th Transition to Adult Service
*Please make sure contact information is printed clearly in order to receive communications from EPLAC.