Seekonk Fire Museum Opens for the 2018 Season
The Seekonk Fire Museum will be opening for its second season on Saturday, April 7 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Come and visit and enjoy the antique fire equipment and many photos and memorabilia on the history of firefighting in Seekonk. The museum is pleased to announce that two of its past members, Howard Sweet and Richard Lundgren, have returned to the Association. They are a wealth of firefighting information and are happy to share their stories with anyone visiting the museum. Several new photos and other items have been added to the museum this year. The Museum’s schedule will be the same as last year. It is open the first Saturday of the month from April to September 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Additional special openings are available on request with two weeks notice. The museum is located at the former Station #3 headquarters at 211 Newman Avenue. It is run by the Central Volunteer Fire Association. For additional information, contact Bill George at 508-951-1398.