New (Old) Addition to the Seekonk Fire Museum
The Central Volunteer Fire Association and the Seekonk Fire Museum are proud to announce the purchase of a 1953 Maxim Fire Engine. The truck was originally purchased in March 1953 and was Branford, Connecticut's Engine 8. It was stationed at their headquarters until it was retired some 18 years ago. Four former volunteers from Branford bought it from a junkyard and restored it. The newly purchased truck is in great shape. A new paint job was done 10 years ago along with many other upgrades.
The Firetruck is the sister of a 1953 Maxim Fire Engine that was purchased by Seekonk and delivered to Station #3 on March 20, 1953. It remained the main firetruck at our Station #3 until it was retired in the mid 1980's. Several Association members remember driving the truck to many Fire and Rescue calls.
The Museum will be doing minor work on it and getting it ready for the Memorial Day Parade and plan on taking Santa Clause around at Christmas time.
The Museum, located at 211 Newman Avenue will be open the first Saturday of the month from April till September from 10:00 am to noon for anyone wanting to take a look at the Firetruck and many other articles on display