Town of Seekonk Coronavirus Information Updated 3/16/2020
Town Response to Coronavirus:
We want to update you on the recent decisions made by the COVID-19 Task Force that met again today. As of this morning, Chief Healy reported there is no known positive COVID-19 case in Seekonk. Furthermore, as we considered the many factors involved, we did decide that until further notice, all municipal buildings in the Town of Seekonk, with the exception of the Public Safety Facility on Taunton Avenue, will be closed to the public beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice. An assessment will be done on March 30th utilizing the rapid stream of information surrounding COVID-19. We are asking that the public use our online resources for online payments and permitting. Please contact us via email and telephone with any questions that you may have.
High Priority and emergency business with the Town that requires an in-person transaction may be conducted by appointment through each department. All appointments will be preceded by satisfactory responses to a health questionnaire upon arrival. Residents will be encouraged to use the online services and the drop box outside of Town Hall for bill payments and document drop off. Again, all non-emergency business matters will be conducted by phone or email.
Please see the telephone contact numbers below for frequently visited departments:
• Animal Control – 508-336-6663
• Assessor – 508-336-2980
• Building Department – 508-336-2990
• Conservation – 508-336-2944
• Finance – 508-336-2971
• Health Department – 508-336-2950
• Human Services – 508-336-8772
100 Peck Street • Seekonk, MA 02771
Phone: (508) 336-2910 • Fax: (508) 336-3137
• Parks and Recreation – 508-336-2942
• Planning and Zoning – 508-336-2961
• Public Works Department – 508-336-7407
• Town Administrator/Board of Selectmen – 508-336-2910
• Town Clerk – 50-336-2920
• Treasurer/Tax Collector – 508-336-2970
• Veteran’s Agent – 508-336-2940
Also note, Seekonk Public Schools will be closed until April 6, 2020. You may find a memorandum from the school Superintendent Rich Drolet at the following link:
We know that this is a very unusual time that brings a lot of uncertainty. Please know that we will continue to monitor the situation and bring updates to you as the need arises. We deeply care about the health and safety of our employees and the public as we are all in this together and have a role in the mitigation efforts of the spreading of this virus.
In response to the rapidly evolving situation, the Seekonk Town Administrator has established a COVID-19 Task Force comprised of Town Administrator Shawn E. Cadime, Executive Assistant Christina Testa, Finance Director Bruce Alexander, Fire Chief Michael Healy, Acting Police Chief David Enos, Health Agent Jessica Horsman, Communication Director Carol-Ann Days, and Superintendent of Public Works Dave Cabral. The central goal and mission of the Task Force is to provide a balance in which the Town can continue to provide essential services to the public, while trying to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
In following with the guidance set forth by Governor Baker for the Executive Branch employees the Task force has established local guidelines for the Town of Seekonk, to remain in effect until March 30, 2020, at which point they will be reassessed.
• Only public hearings and board meetings that are mandated by law or required to continue essential Town services will be held. All other discretionary meetings of boards/committees will be suspended.
• All discretionary Town events and activities, as well as the use of Town-owned facilities by outside groups, will be suspended.
The Health Department and the entire COVID-19 Task Force continues to strongly emphasize standard precautions to prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses which include:
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care, especially those who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms such as fever, coughing or shortness of breath.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean frequently touch surfaces and objects daily.
Travelers from Countries with Widespread Sustained (On-going) Transmission Arriving in the United States
As of March 11, 2020, guidance has changed to include many additional countries with widespread sustained transmission. All information about Coronavirus disease with regards to travel can be found here:
A list of additional countries can be found here:
For guidance on self-quarantining, please contact the health department at 508-336-2950.
Up-to-date information on COVID-19 can be found at the following links:
Sign up for Subscribe to News to stay up-to-date with what’s going on in Town. Visit the following link to learn more: https://www.seekonk-ma.gov/subscribe. For specific updates on COVID-19, be sure to choose Town Alerts and Town News and Announcements.