Thank You Rehoboth Fire Department and Fire Station #1
Thank you Rehoboth Fire Department and Fire Station #1 for your local support to the Veterans Service Office of Rehoboth. The Veterans Service Office in 2016 took the lead in maintaining the flags at full or half-staff around town at the Fire Stations, Town Hall, Highway Department, Council On Aging, Veterans Memorial, Cenotaph, American Legion, Goff Hall, Beckwith and Palmer School along with the replacement of lanyards, brass clips and flags as needed for the town buildings of Rehoboth. Fire Station #1 ladder truck has assisted the Veterans office over a dozen times in the past four years in replacing, installing or adjusting the flags while conducting their weekly Sunday training at the same time.
When to half-staff the flag
- May 15 — Peace Officers Memorial Day: half-staff from sunrise to sunset
- Last Monday in May — Memorial Day: the flag should be displayed at half-staff until noon
- September 11 — Patriot Day: half-staff from sunrise to sunset
- Sunday, usually of week in which October 9th falls — Fire Prevention Week: half-staff from sunrise to sunset.
- December 7 — National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day: half-staff from sunrise to sunset