September 21, 2020

Selectmen Say Redway Plain Events Can Continue

Posted

The Rehoboth Board of Selectmen said events at Redway Plain can continue because residents have done an effective job social distancing.

The town’s Park Commission had organized a series of concerts at the Veterans Memorial last month. “We are willing to listen to proposals that fit within the Governor’s standards, which will be reviewed and enforced by our Board of Health,” Selectmen Chairman Skip Vadnais said Monday, noting the town was adhering to state’s Park and Open Space guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Those guidelines are as follows:

  • Visitors must practice social distancing by remaining 6 feet away from others and adhering to all site-specific rules, regulations, and posted signage regarding permitted uses.
  • Face coverings are required for visitors of parks and open spaces in accordance with COVID-19 Order 31: Order Requiring Face Coverings in Public Places Where Social Distancing is Not Possible, to prevent against the transmission of Covid-19. 
  • Permits may be issued for group events and gatherings provided that the activities are consistent with the gatherings order, all relevant sector or activity-specific guidance (including the Indoor and Outdoor Events guidance), and social distancing requirements.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment
Share!
Truly local news delivered to every home in town