May 25, 2018

Rehoboth Garden Club Free Informational Meeting

Posted

As one of our civic contributions to Rehoboth's 375th Anniversary, the Rehoboth Garden Club is inviting Massachusetts residents to attend a free, informational meeting about money and energy saving home improvements. This program will take place on Monday, March 5, 2018 at 1 PM at Goff Hall, 124 Bay State Road, Rehoboth.

Since the mid-1970s all our electricity bills have included small fees that go into a fund called Mass Save. Mass Save in turn contracts out to several companies that offer electric customers free or substantially subsidized goods and services.

At our meeting a representative from Homeworks Energy, which services our area, will talk about free home energy audits, which include replacing your home's light bulbs and thermostats with the most efficient ones, at no charge. Attendees who would like to speak with a representative or schedule an energy audit will be able to do so after the 30 minute presentation.

**Author's note - At my home energy audit, the Homeworks representative was Rehoboth resident Tom Hastings. He was extremely professional and knowledgeable. He thoroughly assessed our home, then sat with my husband and I to discuss his findings. He then replaced 86 light bulbs throughout our home, all for free. The energy saving improvements he recommended were later done by a Homeworks construction team. Of the total cost, we paid approximately 10%, with Mass Save funds paying the remaining 90%.

There are no hidden fees, gimmicks or strings attached. This is truly a valuable opportunity that our club is proud to share with our community. There is no charge to attend, but a food item contribution for the Rehoboth Food Pantry would be greatly appreciated. For more information call Linda McHugh at 508-252-9768. We hope to see you there!

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment
Share!
Truly local news delivered to every home in town