Rehoboth Congregational Church News
The Rehoboth Congregational Church continues to celebrate and honor the 300th Anniversary. The Sunday services are held on facebook live and the Altar is adorned with 300 items of meaning to the congregation and community. There have been hearts, paint brushes to honor an artist member who passed, toothbrushes to donate to local charities, etc. The new 300th Anniversary lawn signs can be ordered on the Church website. For more information, the calendar of activities as well as the purchase and/or order of memorabilia, you can go to www.rehobothcongregational.org/300th.
RCC History Moment: By 1773 The Palmer River Meeting House had served the congregation for over 50 years. Reverend Turner had passed and was buried in the Burial Ground adjacent to the Meeting House (his original stone is preserved in the Rehoboth Congregation Church). The Palmer River Congregation was now independent from the Newman Congregation. The Meeting House building needed substantial repairs and there was also a need for a larger and more centrally located Meeting House. An increase in the population in the area included settlers north and northeast of the Lake Street location. A new meeting house was built on Bay State Road where the current Village Cemetery is located. It was called the Yellow Meeting House and was occupied by 1775.