One-Dish Dinner Solution
Make your weeknight meals less stressful with a one-dish dinner solution like Pasta and Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce. Requiring less than an hour of kitchen duty, it’s an ideal dish when a quick comfort food solution is just what you’re looking for. As a dairy-fueled dinner, it’s a kid-friendly and nutritious option for the entire family to enjoy. Find more weeknight meal solutions at milkmeansmore.org.
Pasta and Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means More
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 10 ounces (about 4 cups) farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Place removable pan inside programmable pressure cooker. Using saute function, cook bacon, uncovered, until crisp. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan. Drain bacon on paper towels. Leave 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; discard remaining.
- Add chicken to bacon drippings in pan in two batches. Using saute function, stir-fry chicken 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Use slotted spoon to remove chicken from pan. Repeat until all chicken is cooked. Press cancel.
- Stir pasta, broth, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper into drippings in pan. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select high pressure setting and cook 5 minutes. Press cancel.
- Allow pressure to release naturally 5 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
- Stir cream into pasta mixture. Using saute function, cook and stir, uncovered, until boiling. Boil, uncovered, about 4 minutes, or until sauce generously coats pasta, stirring frequently. Press cancel. Stir in chicken and Parmesan cheese.
- Place spinach and bacon in large bowl. Pour pasta mixture over top. Toss until combined. Ladle into serving bowls. Top each serving with tomatoes.