DRRHS DECA Competition
(Dighton-Rehoboth)- Superintendent Dr. Anthony C. Azar announced today that congratulations were in order to the following DECA members on qualifying for the state competition (MA DECA District 2) in their respective business categories which was attended by 750 students from 14 schools. Dr. Azar said, “We appreciate the students hard work and determination in garnering so many awards and are proud that these students consistently embody the D-R Difference. Once again congratulations to each of these students and their families.”
Most notably, two teams took 1st place overall along with a 2nd place performance.
1st Place -Financial Services Team: Emily Leonard & David Joachim.
1st Place - Entrepreneurship Team: Zoe Fitzgerald & Ben Hoskins.
2nd Place - Travel & Tourism Team: Alyssa Medeiros &Celina Medeiros.
Top 6 Medalists:
- Heather Devolle, International Business Plan
- Megan Kelley, Business Finance
- Noah Avila, Hospitality & Tourism Team
- Colby Deschenes, Hospitality & Tourism Team
- Chris Pires, Automotive Services Marketing
- Andrew Gagnon, Business Services Marketing
- Sophie Raposa, Financial Services Team
- Kaitlyn Marcotrigiano, Financial Services Team
- Jason DeRosa, Accounting Applications
The advisor to DECA, Mr. Dan Demers said, “I would like to thank all of the teachers and advisors for their strong influence in today's success and specifically recognized business teachers Trish Madsen, Barry Cowgill, and former marketing teacher David Lentz whom retired.” The DECA State Career Development Conference will be held at the Boston Marriott Copley from March 8th-10th, where the 15 students above will compete with hopes of advancing to the nationals in Atlanta. We will keep you posted on their progress.
For further information please contact: Mr. Dan Demers at email@example.com