A Message from the Rehoboth Youth Baseball Softball Association
May 27, 2020
Dear RYBSA Community,
We want to provide you with an update based on the decisions by the Governor and his team. We’re optimistic that we will be able to play baseball and softball in Rehoboth this summer. The safety of all the kids and families is our number one priority. Please refer to the update below and feel free to reach out to any member of the board of directors with any questions.
- We should be able to start holding practices during phase II of the MA plan. The earliest that phase II will start is Monday, June 8 or plan would be to start practices starting on June 15th in order for us to be fully prepared and to ensure following all state and local guidelines.
- Registration will be open up until June 7, 2020. Please feel free to register your player.
http://www.rybsaonline.com We may have to limit additional registrations we can take by division to make manageable rosters and will use first come, first served if necessary.
- Phase II will last a minimum of 3 weeks which means we will hold practices from 6/15/20 to 7/5/20.
- Phase III will start at the earliest on June 29. This is when we would be allowed to have games. Currently, we would start games on July 6th and anticipate playing a 6 week season with 2 games per week. Possibly less games for younger divisions. This will be a slightly shortened season. We are doing our best to fit in as many games as possible. Again, this is all contingent on each phase taking only 3 weeks
- We will hold coaches meetings in the next week or two via Zoom by division. If you signed up to coach, please look for an invite soon.
- We are committed to making sure that we comply with or exceed the safety standards being set by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- While all of the details are not clear yet, it is likely that players will need to wear masks when they are NOT on the field. These masks will be provided by RYBSA to all players and coaches. They will need to be properly spaced off of the field and not share water bottles, bats, helmets, etc. A more detailed plan is attached to this document.
- Return to play guidelines are being released by RYBSA and will be posted on the premises as well as the our website with any updates that may be required. We ask our participant to comply with all of these standards and any additional from the state of MA and town of Rehoboth.
- Again, feel free to contact any member of the Board. We are all volunteers and parents like you. We want the best for all of the players and safety is priority number 1. Please feel free to provide any suggestions.