Job Opening Part-Time Bookkeeper
Barrington United Methodist Church
230 Washington Rd
Barrington RI 02806
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Use bookkeeping software as well as online spreadsheets and databases
• Enter (post) financial transactions into online QuickBooks software
• Input costs (debits) and income (credits), in a timely fashion, into the software, assigning each to an appropriate account
• Produce reports, such as balance sheets, income statements, and totals by account
• Check figures, postings, and reports for accuracy
• Reconcile or note and report any differences found in the records
• Meet necessary employee safe sanctuary standards
• A strong moral character and a role model of Christian behavior
• Possess a high degree of confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to fulfill the responsibilities outlined in the job description
• Bookkeeping experience
• Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to multitask
• Computer skills, including proficiency with word processing, email, Excel, and QuickBooks financial software.
• Understand basic accounting principles
• Excellent judgment and discretion
• Familiarity with online QuickBooks software
Immediate Job Opening for a bookkeeper at Barrington United Methodist Church in Barrington, Rhode Island. Estimated time commitment of 1-3 hours a week.
A successful candidate will be friendly, organized, professional, have a strong moral character, and role model Christian behavior. Bookkeeper will work closely with church Treasurer & Finance Committee.