Call for Photo Contest Theme for 2019 Calendar
Help Creatively Shape one of the City’s Most Anticipated Events
Pawtucket – Leave your creative mark on the 2019 Pawtucket City Calendar. Photo Contest Organizer Patricia S. Zacks and the City of Pawtucket call for suggestions on next year’s theme.
According to Zacks, every year a theme is selected and hundreds of photo buffs and Pawtucket students submit entries hoping that their photo is selected to be placed in the calendar. “We want to reach out to the community and get them involved,” says Zacks. “This being an obvious way to do so and have a major impact on the photo exhibit. The person who submits the winning theme will be recognized in the calendar.”
Mayor Donald R. Grebien applauds the opening up of the photo contest. “The photo contest is a great way for students, residents and visitors to highlight the beauty of our city from all different perspectives.”
Professional photographers will review the submitted entries looking for creativity and topic that has not been used in previous years. Past themes include:
• The Flavor of Pawtucket (2017)
• Pawtucket's Color Palette (2016)
• Pawtucket: A Different Perspective (2015)
• A Piece of Pawtucket (2014)
• All in a Day’s Work (2013)
• The Four Seasons of Pawtucket (2012)
• Reflections of Pawtucket (2011)
• Faces of Pawtucket (2010)
• Doorways & Gateways in Pawtucket (2009)
• Paws (or Pause) in Pawtucket (2008)
• Historic Places in Pawtucket (2007)
• Pawtucket People, Places or Things (2006)
• Discovering Pawtucket (2005)
• Taking Pride in Our Neighborhoods (2004)
• Pawtucket Mills: Our Past and Our Future (2003)
• Pawtucket: A City in Focus (2000, 2001, 2002)
Photos submitted to this celebrated annual photo contest will be exhibit throughout the Pawtucket Arts Festival in September. Like previous years, all winning photos will be used in next year’s City calendar.
Suggest your themes to Patricia S. Zacks, The Camera Werks, at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to 766 Hope Street, Providence, RI 02906. Deadline day is February 16, 2018.